Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jews, Jingle Bells, and Just Five More Days!

A Jew, Lutheran, Catholic, and Mormon are all sitting at the dinner table....  sounds like a joke, right? Well, we are. I say "we" because the religions above each match one of the girls in our "Blizzardian" group. There's a whole story that goes along with the term "Blizzardians", but I'm just going to leave it at that. It is so fun to hang out with these girls. During the first two weeks here, I never thought I would form such close friendships, but these girls are making time go by so fast! I'm having a blast!
Today I started singing "This Land is Your Land" (the patriotic song) at work today. I can't find any explanation for it except that I may or may not have heard it in Frontier Land in Magic Kingdom last night. It reminded me of when I worked at Cowabunga last summer and would get Hawaiian songs stuck in my head. "Mango, coconut (boom), and some papaya". But this summer, I get listen to Christmas songs all day! (Except sometimes they play regular music over the holiday stuff). My favorite song they play is "Sleigh-ride". My friend KellyAnn and I always like the whip part, and will make the whip motion with our hands.
Work is going just great. I'm having so much fun, and as always I love the people I'm working with. Some of them are starting to become my Blizzard "family". There is a lady, Daisy, who is like everyone's mom. But it's funny because her pet name for all of the girls is "mommy". Actually all of the Hispanic ladies call the girls "mommy". It's actually really cute. But Daisy is great. She is always asking how I am and is so sweet and hilarious. I was at Shade Shack (the outdoor gift shop) the other day, and I got a call on the phone. The person told me that I was force extended to work 3 hours later than I was originally supposed to! I was like.... what????? Then I looked over at Rentals (about 100 feet away), and I see Daisy on the phone! She was the one who had called me instead of the managers! She thought it was pretty funny, but I was just happy I really got to go home at the right time.
Another person I love is Janet. She is like the short, feisty grandma around here. She saw me after I had done a towel run and was like "Oh, poor babygirl! You look so exhausted. Babygirl!". I think she is so adorable and so fun to work with. Also, she always smells like men's cologne... which is strange. But I was talking to her one day and found out that she and her husband (who also works at Blizzard Beach-cute!) have been together since they were fourteen years old! How cool is that!
And then there's Richard. He is the new Coordinator that transferred from Typhoon Lagoon. He is probably one of my favorite people. EVER. He always calls us girls "sweetheart" and "darling" and "princess". All of us girls just love him. He has an accent that is like part German/ Puerto Rican/ American. It is really so fun to listen to. He is kinda like our father figure around here. He hasn't been here very long, but we all love him so much.
We also got some new French boys at Blizzard. How exciting! They aren't like super attractive... but they're foreign... nobody can resist that. For a couple of days, all of us girls were so excited to get some actual guys around. But we'll see how long that lasts.
I feel like I really don't have that much else to say, except that I come home in five days!!!!! I'm so excited! Earlier this week I cried for the first time since being down here, and let's just say.... it was definitely needed. I had just talked to my dad earlier that night, then I started listening to his favorite band, Joshua Creek. That's when the tears hit. I felt better the next morning. Oh! Another exciting thing I just remembered! I bought earplugs on Thursday! Best purchase I've ever made. Anyway.... I'm excited to come home and tell you all in person the experiences I've had and the people I've met. Should make for some interesting conversations. Love you all! See you REAL soon!

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you are just having a blast!! So jealous!! :)

    ReplyDelete