Sunday, June 5, 2011

Iguanas, Internationals, and Icey Places

Well hello there. Been awhile, hasn't it? That makes me sad, because I don't want this blog to turn into one of those things you start, but after some time you just don't bother with it anymore. Like those really big meatballs that Hedy made for us that one time. I tried EVERY condiment I could think of, and I still couldn't finish that thing. But that's beside the point. The point is.... I'm getting into a routine here, so not a lot of stuff worth writing about is happening. Especially things starting with the letter "I".
The lizards are going nuts. They are everywhere, and kinda starting to get aggressive! I'm like ok, I understand that you reproduce and replenish like there's no tomorrow, but that's no reason to run TOWARDS my foot when I'm just trying to walk around you. At closing earlier this week, one of the lizards was actually in the space where we stand behind the register. I was watching it out of the corner of my eye as I helped the last guests in the store. When the guests left, I grabbed a hanger and tried to "guide" it out of the store. Bad idea. He went crazy! Running all over the place and I'm running after him with a hanger, like some sort of lunatic. Thanks lizard. Thanks a lot.
Work is going great. I've been having so much fun, and I love the people I work with. A group of us girls went out to dinner a couple times this week, and that was a blast. But the hours for Blizzard are starting to get longer, so last week we opened at 9 instead of 10, and this week we are closing at 6 instead of 5. Then the week that I'm coming home we stay open until 8 for the rest of the summer. Crazy! But on the bright side, that means I will either work later and not have to get up so early, or I will work early and get off in the afternoon. So that will be nice. It's starting to get really busy too, and apparently we haven't even hit the Brazilian season yet. I heard that gets nuts though.
I was saying that the girls I work with and I hang out a lot. It's so great! We went to Planet Hollywood and Prime Time Cafe for dinner. I got the Pot roast at Prime Time, and it made me miss home way bad.  I wanted my Sunday roast, potatoes, and rolls. So maybe the Sunday that I'm home we'll have something like that...(hint hint wink wink nudge nudge). But speaking of the girls I work with.... there is one international girl (she's from Canada-ok technically Ukraine-wait, didn't she say she lived in Israel?) who is exactly like what I just explained in the parentheses...confusing! She rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Luckily I think she is ok with me, so I haven't really had a confrontation with her yet. But I do have a few more months here. Who knows what will happen. Anyway, she makes for some very interesting conversations at work -to say the least.
Other than the couple of fun times I had at the park this week, nothing is really going on. I still talk to my roommates at home for hours at a time. I'm still getting a picture of Zak once a day (which I love). And I'm still alive! Which is the most important thing. One other cool thing is that my friend from work is coming to night sacrament meeting with me today. I'm so excited- it should be great! She's talked with the missionaries and I think they wanted to set up another appointment- hopefully this time I get to come! Love you all, and I'll see you in 11 days!

1 comment: